Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rid of the stock fuel pump after replacing three in four years. Installed a Carter lift pump and a Walbro pressure pump along with a pressure regulator. Feels like a new truck now. I do beleive that I could do a burnout with this truck even with the 325 tires. I think it also solved a fuel leak which could help mileage.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
sweet! :thumb: im not motivated enough to do any thing like that to my truck.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the rear wheels spinning today. Never done that before. I found the last fuel leak, a compression fitting was not up to the vibration. Truck seems to like steady fuel pressure, go figure.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
if I try to burn out my rear end jumps all over the place! stupid axle wrap.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It added that much more power, how was the install?

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Do you have part #'s and any pics. I would like to do something like this with my truck. I have given up fixing fuel leaks on the thing.
Craig

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I have been wanting to do the same thing. I'd love to see some pics too!

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
yeah, pics would be sweet. cant wait to see them

·
Registered
145 Posts
Um, BTT, with pics? I've got a fuel leak around the intake boots, may as well do an upgrade rather than just a replacement... ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
yea a guy dosent wana leak any of that hard earned cash on the ground.lol if someone needs to kill a yard let me know i can park mine there for bout an hour nothin but death lol

·
Registered
959 Posts
What did you do with the stock fuel bowl? It's not rated for and will not take the higher pressures needed to run the truck. Stock it's only pressurized to aobut 15psi or so.

·
Registered
145 Posts
From what I've seen, people have put inline Racor filters on the frame rail just downstream from the lift pump, and remove the stock fuel filter/water separator from the top of the engine for just that reason. I just got done reading Tim's fantastic writeup on I/C install and fuel pump replacement at Tims I/C Page example . Highly recommended reading!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah you need to do something about the fuel filter if you upgrade the pump. The lid on the bowl just can't handle that pressure for ever and I've heard of the bowl busting too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i just installed the cps fuel system from the dieselsite.com and it cures all of your fuel delivery problems. worth the money if you can afford it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts