Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Mitch
999 Posts
I went with the Autometer electric fuel gauge. Then bought the strictly diesel fuel pressure hose and adapter to get the sensor away from the engine. So far happy with the set up. Have noticed through the winter that when everything is closed, I get a jumpy gauge. Once it warms up, the gauge is a steady 62-64 psi.

·
Mo Diesel sir!
159 Posts
I went with the Autometer electric fuel gauge. Then bought the strictly diesel fuel pressure hose and adapter to get the sensor away from the engine. So far happy with the set up. Have noticed through the winter that when everything is closed, I get a jumpy gauge. Once it warms up, the gauge is a steady 62-64 psi.
where does it mount to? do you have pics of this installed? this is what ive been looking for but not sure where it all hooks up to and i read that it doesnt come with instructions...thanks

·
Mitch
999 Posts
where does it mount to? do you have pics of this installed? this is what ive been looking for but not sure where it all hooks up to and i read that it doesnt come with instructions...thanks
The adapter mounts to the fuel bowl, and it has the right threads to mount to the fuel bowl. I just put some Teflon tape on the threads and threaded it in. It fit perfect so I did not need to remove the cover for the fuel pressure spring, although this is a good time to do the blue spring mod. Then I ran the hose from the fuel bowl towards the drivers side, under the rad hose, between the battery and drivers side head, then it terminated just behind the drivers side battery. That is where I hooked up the sending unit. I can grab some pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts