Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since you couldn't find the leak, did you pull the dipstick to see with certainty that fuel wasn't in your oil? If that happened, you'll have a really clean internal setup, and prolly a wasted set of bearings. An internal leak could be catastrophic in short order. I dount that's your problem so far... But you may also check your coolant reservoir to be sure nothing else is in that. Sometimes a bad seal can cause oil to get into the coolant. I suspect that would be caused at the turbo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope, no coolant system leak based on those findings. I mean, unless you're blind!:nod:

Was the oil recently changed? If not, maybe it looks clean because it's "watered down" with diesel fuel. I kinda doubt it. If it's within the usual level on the dipstick, you're alright there too.

Maybe check your flexplate for tightness. That's not common, but it recently happened to someone else I know. Grinding noise would come and go, never lasting long. Turned out to be loose... About 10 minutes and he was good to go. He took it to a local dealer, who lied to him, then directly to a transmission shop, who dianosed and repaired it promptly... And for free.:woot:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Flexplate = flywheel, but is the word used in automatic applications in standard vehicles. Bolts to the crank between the engine and torque converter. Funny though, the other guy I know asked the very same question.... So you're hardly alone.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.