Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed a fuel pressure gauge in the test port on the regulator I have 60 psi but when I go over half throttle seems like the pressure goes up to 80 sometimes even higher. Never drops below 55 psi just spikes up. I am using the glow shift gauge setup. Any help? Or is this normal? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to say its a 2006 f350 6 speed

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what honestly I think it is the sending unit also I checked the wiring that was all good all connections soldered and shrink wrapped. I don't have access to a scan tool that can read the psi. I just hope it isn't a injector oring or something along those lines.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I didn't think the 6.0 had a fuel pressure sensor on it so the ECM could monitor fuel pressure. If it does, where is it??

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what your right cause the only thing controlling the pressure is the spring and the regulator and there are no sensors on that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotta just call glowshift and hope thy will warranty it and try another sender unless there is a better sending unit out there. The one I have currently is just the two post style I saw automated makes one but it looks like it has a plug not terminals

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Is it just a spike that then comes down again quickly? If so I wouldn't worry about it. The oem fpr is a POS.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah when I go past 50% throttle it will spike my gauge then comes back down again I did the blue spring when I first got the truck about 7 months. It will spike my 100 psi gauge but settles right back down to 60 psi.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Is your sending unit directly on the filter can or do you have one of the extension hoses? If you have the extension hose did you bleed the air out of it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No just the adapter fitting and a 90 fitting

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had it for a while so I would think the air worked out by now