Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the truck running , ive installed the fuel bowl delete and regulated return from ITP, my question is , those guys running this setup where have you got the fuel pressure set at , ive set it at 60 lbs and it runs fine , the FASS system keeps up well, just thought id ask around

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
62psi is what mine is set at and it never budges on WOT runs. David Lott said to give 55psi a shot, it might make more power because the slower the fuel is flowing the less it will foam. I will give a true test on the dyno this weekend.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I like David, I met him at his shop in Houston a couple months ago and he knows his stuff on FASS systems.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
62psi is what mine is set at and it never budges on WOT runs. David Lott said to give 55psi a shot, it might make more power because the slower the fuel is flowing the less it will foam. I will give a true test on the dyno this weekend.
This is very interesting. let us know how it goes..

I like David, I met him at his shop in Houston a couple months ago and he knows his stuff on FASS systems.
David knows his stuff! I've stopped by and talked to him several times about various things. Good guy!

For fuel pressure, when I first installed mine I set it to 70 psi. Ran better but have not adjusted since injectors. need to mess with it some more now.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
I've got mine at 55 but I want to install a gauge inside the cab because I saw where Tim mentioned about having to see what it does at WOT and I've not a friggin clue.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Mine is set at 60psi as well. On WOT it will briefly drop to the low 50's before coming right back up to pressure. By brief I mean like maybe 2 or 3 secs. I can read fuel PSI on my commander.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
on my hot tunes it starts fine. on the econo, and tow tunes it is semi sluggish...

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
well my daily isn't really "hot" hahaha but you do know what my extreme file is like....

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
not the turbo. Have a boost leak and I think it is from the driver side plenum.. Didn't notice it before but one of the times I was installing my stealths I got a little too heavy and put a nice ding in the plenum. I don't think the boot covers it all the way... and really havn't felt like messing with it...

Oh yeah Scott. sorry for the :hijack:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts