Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i think my truck needs some help in the fuel department, i don't have smooth itle, i have the crackling issue (very loud) and figure somethin along the lines of a regulator would help me smooth my engine out and perform better all around. i need some advice on how i can fix this problem but i can't spend alot is the big problem. so i was messin around on ebay and found this FORD F150 F250 FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR FPR WALBRO PUMP:eBay Motors (item 220378923113 end time Aug-13-09 03:17:56 PDT) now i am not a dumb *** so i know there is some really stupid stuff on ebay but what do you guys think about this thing? i don't even know if it would work but i saw it and wanted to see what ya;ll thought about this cheap thing. anyways i also read somethin about the fuel return thing where are the directions to this?

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there not a cheaper kit like this? 450 on some hoses is a bit steep. my pockets are not that deep.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
862 Posts
Diesel Innovations - Products

do you not get the hoses with this kit?
That is just the requlator that he uses in his kit. You can buy that and build your own hoses but its not much cheaper then just buying the RR kit. Also all the hoses are cut and ready for installation with the RR kit.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
You could always try shimming the FPR before you spend money on somthing that may not fix the problem.:dunno:

·
Registered
862 Posts
shimming it will not fix the injector crackle it is cuause by the dead end in the fuel rail. doing a RR will make fuel flow ALL the way though the heads and then back to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
shimming it will not fix the injector crackle it is cuause by the dead end in the fuel rail. doing a RR will make fuel flow ALL the way though the heads and then back to the fuel tank.
I am aware of that the OP was asking about bumping up the pressure to releve the crackle. He was wondering about a regulator not a regulated return. Yes he probably does need a RR. Althou if he does not have the cash for RR perchasing a regulator may not help. So i was just mearaly sugesting the shim to see if just bumping the pressure helps. He may even try a HPX.:thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would love that set up but 450 is way out of my rang. i might drop the tank next week and do the tank mod, and i might get a cross over line. is there not another regulator that is good but cheaper? i found one for 190 for aeromotive or somethin like that. i just don't see why its so exspensive for the hoses? a good highpressure fuel hose would work correct? iguess all the fittings and stuff might be costly but anyways i just can't drop that cash right now im going to have to find another alternative for this. but if any of you guys have any thoughts on somethin let me know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does this do basically the same thing? i could have already done this......if i hadn't thrown my other pump away......

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
That should be everything you need any questions PM Marty. That set up is a regulated return with a failsafe duel fuel pump set up. You dont have to run 2 pumps. That sytem is on a 600+HP truck.:nod:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Save up about 500-600 bucks and make your own complete fuel system...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is that kit just have those hoses and fittings? no regulator? kinda confusing don't see how that one works?? anyone know?:dunno:

·
Registered
116 Posts
is that kit just have those hoses and fittings? no regulator? kinda confusing don't see how that one works?? anyone know?:dunno:
The new kit from DFA does have a regulator...it just doesn't look like one. Its the part of the kit that has the big metal section in it. Probably some sort of ball and spring style. It splices into the return line down along the frame. It is pre-set at 65 PSI, but is adjustable...you'll just need to have a gauge to check the pressure. So for $200 you can get a pre-made RR...not too bad. Not as purty as the ITP SS kit but basically does the same thing for way less than half of the price. The big difference in function being that if you really wanted to flow some fuel you'd have to up the size the factory inlet lines (little 1/4 lines) between the fuel bowl and the heads. However, not everyone needs real high fuel flow so to me the DFA kit looks like a nice "in between" choice for folks.

What I'd really like to know is if anybody knows how to make a simple, adjustable fuel regulator like the one in the DFA kit? Looks pretty much like they put it together in shop :dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts