Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Yup welcome back Ryan.

It started doing that bog thing after you cleaned the screen and the tube...?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So is the screen supposed to be attached to the white plastic? I did mine and the screen was solo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
FPR

I saw a video of a guys covering 94-97 fuel bowl regulator but the on in the video looked different and had an extra black plastic "bowl" with a filter in it similar to the ones that come out of the fuel tank in the later model 7.3's. I am beyond confused.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I saw a video of a guys covering 94-97 fuel bowl regulator but the on in the video looked different and had an extra black plastic "bowl" with a filter in it similar to the ones that come out of the fuel tank in the later model 7.3's. I am beyond confused.
Thats for us folks with a 95. Slightly different but same function. Ignore it

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
On the 94 and 95's the small black bowl screws off (I had to use some channel-locks). There is a sock-type screen filter in there that can be cleaned. Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice thread, thanks

I am toying with installing a new fuel bowl, mine is missing the heater and needs some work. Diesel O-rings has a complete bowl that is an upgrade to the 96.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ran into this post when I was getting ready to reseal my bowl in a '96 PSD. Did the cleanout along with the reseal. found two areas where screens were used in the regulator assy. and both had junk in them. Truck starts up and is instantly smooth, where before it seem to need a few seconds to smooth out. Also, the throttle response is better. Thanks are due to the OP.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cleaned mine a few days ago. It feels a little better, however I suspect my fuel economy will be going DOWN!

I went ahead and took the whole FPR off and cleaned the orfice and other screen inside. Unfortunately it appears the 21 year old orings ain’t gonna seal up again. Now I have fuel leaking onto the top of the engine. I ordered the complete rebuild kit listed in the OP from riff raff but it won’t be here for a few days.

Is there any significant threat to having a fuel leak from the FPR? I know diesel isn’t very flammable but I don’t like the idea of fuel leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 154 of 154 Posts