Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just replaced my OEM Bosch fuel pump. I also ordered the Riff Raff fuel pressure gauge kit and the 3 fpr spring kit and had ordered a fuel schrader valve fitting from ebay. I decided to hook up the gauge yesterday and was getting a reading of 84-92 psi with that little bit of back and forth. Doesnt seem right does it. Everything fuel related is original, just a new pump.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Time to look at the fuel pressure regulator, bet someone stuck a BB in the spring

Too much pressure will cause the o-rings on the injectors to leak fuel into place you do not want

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't imagine who, i'm the original owner, I've never messed it other than a drain lever o-ring change out and fuel filters. I've had valve cover harnesses replaced many years ago by a shop here in Phx, but unless they did something for free i never asked for or ever had it touched. But with that high pressure maybe that why im on my 3rd Bosch fuel pump.
Im gonna pull it apart and check it this week. I have the fpr 3 spring kit from Riff Raff and i just bought a fpr upgrade kit(which has a blue spring) from a company called TamerX.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i changed out the factory fpr spring with a blue spring upgrade kit from TamerX(which is blue spring new brass poppet and related seals) and didn't make a difference, it maybe raised it by 5-10 psi. I blew out the return line back to the tank with compressed air and it sounded clear. Gonna get a 8' hose tomorrow and test it under load and see what happens and maybe take it apart again and just look things over again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PROBLEM FIXED... So i disconnected the fuel return line and took apart the FPR again and noticed the brass poppet washer was on backwards and i also looked closely at the brass poppet and realized that it didn't have a pin hole in the tip(Diesel o rings stated it should). So i reinstalled the original OEM brass poppet with a new o ring/seal. But after closely examining the tip i could tell it was plugged, no brake clean would drip out of tip, so i unclogged it with a fine tip pin and got it cleaned out and this time putting it all back together i used the "gold' spring from Riff Raff Diesel and fired it up and BINGO it sitting right at 69-70 psi. Not sure what the "blue" spring(from TamerX Diesel) is supposed to get you to but I'm sticking with the gold spring for now.

Reactions: Hydro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts