Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i did the blue spring mod and i was only seeing 60 psi at idle and my fuel pressure was dropping bad at WOT. So today I double checked that I did not have fuel leak anywhere and installed a low pressure airdog 150 pusher pump with a XDP fuel sump thinking maybe the HFCM could not pull fuel fast enough from the tank. The pressure at idle is ow 65 psi but at wot throttle I am dropping to 30 psi which I know is a quick injector killer... what is going on here i can not figure it out.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Maybe the stock HFCM is failing? The AD150 pusher pump is merely providing that fuel to the HFCM, so if that pump is failing, then you won't get the fuel pressure you need. Maybe clogged filters?? When was the last time those filters were replaced? Did you use Motorcraft filters? I just had to have my HFCM replace a couple of months ago and I had similar problems.

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
WOT runs part of your daily driving?? Come on....What is the PSI when driving under "normal" conditions??

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the stock HFCM is failing? The AD150 pusher pump is merely providing that fuel to the HFCM, so if that pump is failing, then you won't get the fuel pressure you need. Maybe clogged filters?? When was the last time those filters were replaced? Did you use Motorcraft filters? I just had to have my HFCM replace a couple of months ago and I had similar problems.
The filters have less than 250 miles on them and I only use motorcraft. I am pretty sure now that the HFCM is getting weak but I hate to replace it with a stock pump when I have plans for big injectors. If it needs replaced it will get an a1000.

WOT runs part of your daily driving?? Come on....What is the PSI when driving under "normal" conditions??
No WOT is not part of my daily driving :rofl: but when i cummins or a duraturd try to act tuff I would like to be able to play if you know what I mean. Idle is 62-65 PSI and so i normal driving.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The filters have less than 250 miles on them and I only use motorcraft. I am pretty sure now that the HFCM is getting weak but I hate to replace it with a stock pump when I have plans for big injectors. If it needs replaced it will get an a1000.
Sounds like maybe you need to go ahead an get the A1000 and a regulated return unless you plan on keeping the fuel bowl on the top of the engine. My HFCM was $542 from my local dealer with $65 overnight freight fee. You may be able to get it from Tousley Ford substantially cheaper than that.

Word on the streets is that the AD150 feeding the stock HFCM is more than sufficient for feeding 190 injectors. Just do some research before you buy a pump you may not actually need, unless you're like me and want the HFCM gone cause it's a P.I.T.A. It really sounds like that is on its way out though.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna start ordering in the rest of my parts... I was already in the process of building a custom rr with fuel bowl delete so I will just go ahead and change a couple things I had planned and replace the HFCM with a a1000 i do not normally replace stock parts with stock parts lol plus I do not trust the HFCM to push 22/150s

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
im gonna start ordering in the rest of my parts... I was already in the process of building a custom rr with fuel bowl delete so I will just go ahead and change a couple things I had planned and replace the HFCM with a a1000 i do not normally replace stock parts with stock parts lol plus I do not trust the HFCM to push 22/150s
You 225/150's?? What kind of turbo you plan on running to move the amount of air necessary for that much fuel?

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
I run the blue spring, 6.4 bolts and a sumped AD100 with no issues when the tweeners want to take a shot at the title. Plenty of power, runs smooth, leaves them guessing...LOL

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You 225/150's?? What kind of turbo you plan on running to move the amount of air necessary for that much fuel?
Mad stage 4 with bts trans and some other things lol

I run the blue spring, 6.4 bolts and a sumped AD100 with no issues when the tweeners want to take a shot at the title. Plenty of power, runs smooth, leaves them guessing...LOL
I have blue spring, 6.4 banjos, sump, and airdog 150 but hfcm is weak

·
Registered
983 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am at a complete loss i parked the turck last night holding 63 psi at idle and now when i get it in it will not go above 50 psi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts