Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything to install a fuell pressure gauge and I'm familiar with everything except installing the braided extension line into the fuel port. I'm not sure what to disassemble and how hard things are to get put back together.

Can anyone walk me through this? It's asking a lot I know, but I don't want to start and then realize I've gone too far with stuff all apart.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Disconnect the IC boot from IC pipe, unplug the clutch fan plug, remove the fuel psi test port plug, install your adapter/hose, reassemble the IC pipe, plug the clutch fan back in, install sending unit onto the other end of your adapter/hose.

Finish your wiring and gauge/pod install. Start truck up and look for leaks. There should be a bleeder valve where you installed the fuel psi sending unit, raise the sensor up and slowly open the bleeder valve to get the air out of the hose. Close the valve and check your fuel psi gauge.

When you remove the test port plug and open the bleeder valve, be sure to have a rag underneath to catch spillage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts