Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Yankee, I've used two, an Isspro and Glow-Shift gauge.

That reminds me, I need to sell my Isspro in the classifieds.

Reactions: Damn Yankee

·
Registered
1994.5 F-Superduty 2wd Dually Dump
17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Spin off question............I have a bullydog. I know I need to change to something else. Came with the truckwhen I bought it a year ago. Any tuner/programmer out there that can integrate fuel pressure to it's display?

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
691 Posts
I used a gauge pod on the steering column with a glow shift electric gauge. Screwed the sending unit into billet fuel filter cap. Worked well and caught a failing aeromotive pump before failed totally and left me sitting.

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,326 Posts
Spin off question............I have a bullydog. I know I need to change to something else. Came with the truckwhen I bought it a year ago. Any tuner/programmer out there that can integrate fuel pressure to it's display?
Fuel pressure isn't available on the CAN bus AFAIK.

The various onboard computers just assume it is there.

I like using Torque to monitor engine operating parameters while driving. I think I recall posts on this forum about making EGT available to Torque. Perhaps the same mechanism can be used to make fuel pressure available also.

I know that some tuners provide for the attachment of analog sensors like fuel pressure or EGT. Not sure which ones. Perhaps SCT?

Paging Dr. @[email protected]

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
691 Posts
The 6.0 pcm has no way to monitor fuel pressure on its own. You need a separate gauge like I mentioned or possibly a fuel pressure transducer hooked to a monitor if they offer such for a particular one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
" I think I recall posts on this forum about making EGT available to Torque. Perhaps the same mechanism can be used to make fuel pressure available also."

Exactly what I was thinking. I know I need to replace my bullydog. Was hoping one exists that has that option.

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,326 Posts
One potential solution here:

·
Administrator
34,534 Posts

·
Registered
06 F250
39 Posts
The Edge CTS monitors allow you to add external sensors. Unfortunately their stuff is not cheap and I see the price has gone up quite a bit since I bought mine.

The Banks iDash does as well, however it's not compatible with 07 & older trucks without using one of their tuners as a go-between.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Superdave, those are good engine monitor devices. Really would like to keep everything in a tuner though. I am leaning towards an SCT programmer and install a seperate FP gauge. However I remember reading recently somewhere on here that there are some problems with the sct on a 6.0. Not sure. I will have to find it again.

thx for all the replies.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
The only issue I'm aware of is that the SCT doesn't read EBP correctly and like most other tuner/monitors doesn't necessarily get ALL the codes that could be causing an issue. As a stand alone monitor the Edge CTS stuff is pretty tough to beat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use an Edge CTS3, mainly because of the parameters available to monitor, diagnostic capability and compact size (they offer a pod that mounts on left end of dash near A pillar that looks factory). IMO, the mech gauges are more reliable, but they take up way too much space. I had a low fp reading one morning (26psi) and thought that was strange, so put the old mech gauge on to check it and fp was 55....so Edge fp sensor was bad. On positive note, called Edge and they shipped a brand new fp sensor at no charge and I sent bad one back to them for analysis. I've been very happy with CTS3....it may seem pricey, but in the long run, 16 mech gauges would cost you more and your dash would look like 747...lol. If you constantly tow heavy, a CTS3 monitor is a must IMO, especially in the mountains on long climbs....

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Just get something. A fuel pressure gague has prevented problems twice.

I have an Edge Cts2 with EAS fuel pressure sensor. Have twice gotten bad fuel and saw fuel pressure drop less than 45 psi on two occasions. Both times the filter was clogged.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts