Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and put a pressure gauge in place of the schrader valve on the side of my fuel bowl, i did this in hopes of being able to see if my fuel pressure was surging, because at idle I can watch the trucks rpms on the engine idle controller jump up and down around 1 to 4 rpms. i think my fuel pump might be going out. but im not sure. also when watching the fuel pressure gauge the needle jumps back and forth (very fast) from like 20psi or so to maybe 100psi, it hard to read because it moves so fast. does any one have a diagram or any good pictures of all components of the fuel system and how they work together. the fuel system is foreign to me so any info would be helpful.

thanks, Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
did you install a snubber valve where you plug that line into the schradder? i had the same problem, some gauge kits do not come with the snubber!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
mines stock and did this, if its an elecrical gauge , take the sender out and put the schrader valve back in or it will kill the sender and you will have just wasted 100+ bucks... its a mechanical lift pump, they tend to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts