Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of putting a diy kit on my 6.0. i already have the banjos in the rear of the heads & am monitoring fuel pressure off those lines. Today I installed my BFT banjo check valve bolts on the front of the heads.now I'm seeing much lower fuel pressure. Normally I run 60-65psi under any conditions. Now when driving it's 45. If I stab the throttle it drops to 35psi. At idle it's about 55.I made no other changes today. What is going on?
I noticed the 4 holes in the banjos are pretty small, is this causing a problem?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
35 is definitely way too low and from what you describe I can't think of what else would cause that unless you have some bleedby in the Manifold on the frame. Easy way to check that is to remove the Supply and Return lines at the back of the manifold, start the truck and see if you have any diesel coming out. If it's a new system, that's unlikely though. Historically those Banjo Bolt C.V. flowed better than stock, but maybe BFT made a few changes. IIRC, the front banjo's are pretty easy to get to- If you have time could you take one out, set it next to the Stock banjo and shoot me a picture. I still have a few Banjo C.V. leftover( I think) and can compare what you have to what I have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The holes in the BFT banjos seemed small so I drilled them out bigger. That made a very small difference. I will try to get a picture. The driver side isn't too bad to take out. I'll try to get pics. You really can't tell a difference for the outside.
Are any of those banjos in good working condition? I'd be curious to try a different set.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I talked to the guy who runs veggie garage, on the BFT forums. He made it seem like this was "normal" for these check valve banjos.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Dave would know. I do know it never used to be normal. The Banjos I have are new, if I have them. I'm the guy who actually invented the system and used to run DFA before it became BFT(which is why I still have some odds and ends laying around). A little pressure drop was normal, but not down to 35. I spoke to soon about the replacements- I am away on travel for work so might be up to a couple weeks before I can see what I have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can wait. I would really appreciate some help. It doesn't seem like many people are playing with this stuff much anymore. When you get back home see what you have. Thanks again. For now I'll keep my foot outta the gas pedal so the pressure stays above 45psi and concentrate on getting the rest of the install done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts