Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 F350 with a 6.0 I have installed a superchip and K&N Fresh air intake, I do not drive hard and have tried on all three settings on my chip and still only get 14 mpg in town or highway,changed fuel filters,oil and tranny fluids. I hear others saying 18 to 20 am I missing something or others just bs? Tires are inflated right and are 285 16s.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also have a 04 F350 stock. My driving is 50/50 town/freeway. And I'm getting 15-17. I was getting 14 when I first got the truck. But have started running 2-stroke oil and its jumped up to 16-17 and it seems to continue to get better.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have an 07 350, before my exhaust i was getting 13-15 between freeway and city. 19k miles on the truck so it has not yet been broken in. I dont know what I currently get with my new exuaust as i dont drive it much anymore, 35 mpg in my honda makes the decision to take the truck to work very difficult

·
Registered
822 Posts
My 06 is turning in around 15 mixed city/hwy, best I've seen is 20-21 @55.

Keep in mind, that's driving it real easy. Slow starts, never above 10psi boost, let it coast as soon as I see a red light, etc...

When I was punching it around on that cheap diesel, I was seeing avg of about 12.5.

You can get better mileage, but you have to really restrain your driving style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts