Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just picked up an 05 CC short box 4x4 in GA and on the 850 mile trip home to Michigan I averaged 19mpg's doing about 70.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just picked up an 05 CC short box 4x4 in GA and on the 850 mile trip home to Michigan I averaged 19mpg's doing about 70.
what tune?

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
DANG ???? ask a question and move on..........where'dhego.....:rofl:

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats way low. i got 17 with mine stock, its an 05, with an intake, turbo, exhaust and hypertech max energy i get 26 now

·
Registered
660 Posts
thats way low. i got 17 with mine stock, its an 05, with an intake, turbo, exhaust and hypertech max energy i get 26 now
26? I don't think I could only drive 45 :crazy:

·
Registered
190 Posts
At 65 mph on the freeway I get 18-20 mpg and 15-16 city driving, and 8-9 towing over 10k. All stock truck

·
Registered
492 Posts
man, i can't imagine there would be that much diff. i had a very late 05, 06's were on the lot when i bought it. the best i ever got out of it was 16 on the way home to vegas from idaho (650 miles all freeway 80 mph.) after that i avg. 13. i drove it stok for 13000 then put a chip and 4" straight pipe except for a flow thru muffler. it didn't make a diff. my chip was an edge and i know i could have picked a better one but i never saw over 15 after the first trip home. i got 10 pulling a 24 ft hauler. about 7000 lbs id say. it had 36000 on it when i traded er in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
here are my results the last few tanks since I got the truck.

TANKS
#1: (33" wide mud tires) 13.5-14

#2: (stock 18"rims off an 06') 14.5

#3: (1st tank w/2-stroke oil) 15.25

#4: (2nd tank w/2-stroke oil) 16

#5: (3rd tank w/2-stroke oil) 18

·
Registered
84 Posts
not smoking nothing dude. speed limit here on the highway is 55. run about 60 all the time. i saw a 5mpg gain with the hypertech programer alone, and running taller tires. i do mostly highway. when i do get to driving around town im at 19, eeryone says im full of shi* when i say it, but when they ride with me across four states and do the math they become beleivers. i cant explain it. my grandfathr hs an 07 thats stock and he gets 20 on the highway. my boss has a stock 04 he gets 13 and my broher has an 03 getting 16. im sure there are more guys out there getting great milage that no heres about with a 6.0. i also forgot to mention before that i have an egr delete on the truck

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
How much 2-stroke are you adding???

·
Registered
492 Posts
my intent was not to call you out on your milage claims. i have heard other people claim similar numbers. i was more referring to the differences between trucks from the same time period being so different. i don't know when mine was built. it could have sat on the lot for a year for all i know.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My F250 FX4 CC LB 6.0 completely stock, is only getting 14.7mpg if I can keep it under 2ooorpms at all times.:( The best I got was 17.1 HWY from Florida to Texas and back 6 months ago 70-80mph. :dunno:

I would also like to know why there is such a difference in mpg between these trucks.:confused:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
you need to get rid of the lift kit and go back to stock tire size and you should then see 17 to 23mpg depending upon the speed stock without a tuner. I consistantly average 22.5 at 55-60 on the interstate but only 14.8 around town loaded or unloaded

·
Registered
177 Posts
Altitude and climate must be the answer........:dunno:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.