Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there guys and gals, I was wondering if anybody out there has heard of or even used this crossover kit I've seen floating around on Amazon lately:

TamerX Fuel Line Crossover Kit"Injector Saver" for 2003-2010 Ford Powerstroke 6.0L & Navistar VT365 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU9CTBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IHg2Db4M39EWJ

If so, any chance for some opinions? Or even simply your thoughts on this kit as an inexpensive alternative to a full regulated fuel return systems setup would be nice too! Thanks in advance, and Happy Turkey-Day when it gets here! Tootles!!

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Get them to throw in one more line and your well on your way to a RR kit . I don't think it accomplishes much the way it is .... just my 2 cents worth .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I jumped on here wondering the same thing. Is it worth doing or should I just go back with new head plugs? I just bought new kdd heads, ARP studs, Warren injectors, Fel-Pro head gaskets, etc for my 06 and in looking for the plugs, I found the same kit. One part of me says that "pressure is pressure" and everything should equalize. But the other part of me says that is just theoretical and we all know that theoretical is just short for theoretical bullsh!t. So in what I have found, yes, you can have varying fuel pressure between the two heads as well as well as even across the head, however minute that pressure difference might be. I went ahead and spent the $80 to give it a try. If it helps give the injectors some extra life and keep fuel pressure equal between the heads, thats great. If it does nothing but add another part to my build, then I'm only out $80 minus whatever the plugs would cost. $80 seems pretty minimal in a $7k+ build to me.

Just me $.02.

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
There is nothing wrong with tieing the rails together at the back of the heads. It should help maintain pressure to both sides and somewhat relieve the dead head at the back of the heads. For a stock truck with a solid fuel delivery system, it's not really needed though. It think the better option is to split the lines at the FPR and have a line running to both the front and rear of the head, but that's not nearly as simple or easy as installing the crossover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts