Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!

I am having fuel issues.

I have a fuel leak from somewhere behind the engine on the drivers side. It looks like it is leaking down from the exhaust manifold going up to the turbo.

I just did new orings in the fuel bowl a month or so ago and the engine valley was the first place I checked, but it is still dry so its not the fuel bowl or the pump leaking. I dont know where the wishbone lines go, but I did fell around the rear of the drivers side valve cover and didnt fell anything wet. I am pretty new to diesels in general but not new to mechanics.

So does anyone have any suggestions on what to check..

Thanks

Oh and just out of curiosity i don't think its related but where does the 2 hard fuel lines go that run under the ac compressor?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Most likely its the pump or banjo bolt leaking, although i have never heard of the banjo bolt leaking. The fuel pump has a weep hole in the back so it will leak down the back of the engine. Or it could also be the fittings in the head themselves leaking, although again its not common.

The hard lines run down to the frame and back to the tanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I checked, and its definatly not the banjo bolt or the fuel pump ltself. I put some powder around and under the pump and it is all dry in that area. Where are these fittings in the head that you mention?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts