Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for look at this. I have a 2000 350. I just noticed a fuel leak. I checked the fuel bowl relief valve and there is no fuel stagnate fuel below it, where i have been told to check. The fuel is leaking and comming out around the oil pan and dropping onto the center of the front axel. If you are looking at the truck from the front it would be from the right side where most is comming from. Please i need some help if someone can tell me what i need to do to try and find this leak. I spent about 2 hours and could not find anything. I am in the military and the rates to take to a garage are horriable around here. Just some starter info would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
get yourself the cabinet kit from RIFFRAFFdiesel. Rebuild your fuel bowl, and then, pay close attention to the passenger side fuel line, from bowl to back f p/s head. Mid point, the hardline runs through a clamp. Its there, over time, that the clamp, from vibration, wears a hole in it, causing the leak. Replace the hardline, and install a piece of fuel hose over the line, and re-clamp.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its either the drain valve or the passenger side head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ALOT... it was the hard line with the clamp. Leaking right there. the clamp would almost cover up the leak at times and make it seem like it wasnt leaking. THank again huge help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts