Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel leak/rough idle?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Brad hickman 
#1 ·
sorry i dropped the ball, didn/t have the heart or funds to work on truck, and finally lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer, been a tough month, anyway, i pulled the intake pipe between the turbo and the valve covers, to see what i could. the valley is black, and had a puddle of water at the back under the turbo pedistal. dried it up, put pipe back on, ran truck for about 5 - 10 min. took pipe back off, and found fuel in valley between fuel bowl and pump, under back side of pipe where the big bolt is, and puddle under turbo pedistal, truck still runs rough ( like when it runs out of fuel and you switch to other tank) it is a 95 psd, any ideas, and sorry for the long post

#2 ·
First I would look to see where this leak is coming from...Kind of sounds to me like it is leaking at the weep hole on the side of the pump. Next, If the truck is running to roughly I would check the fuel pressure at the schraeder valve on the fuel pressure regulator (driver side for the fuel filter canister). You should get a number from 40-65ish PSI with the truck running. That'll give you a start...

#3 ·
My 97 has only 10 psi at idle no leaks new FPR etc. Whats next you think? maybe fuel pump geting weak? > TIA

#5 ·
Thanks, I bought the pump yesterday, waiting for o-rings for turbo. A couple guys posted that they didn`t take the turbo off of their 96 but used a 1 1/4" wrench to remove the banjo bolt /patience. Think thats worth trying? Sure would save a lot of work.TIA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.