Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the dealership install a new oil pan. I stay at a campground while im working so im always parked on grass. Went home a few weeks later and noticed a big stain on our driveway. Smelled it and its diesel. Poped the hood and i see the lid of the fuel filter is wet and there is a big puddle in that valley under the turbo. Anyone know where this is coming from or what to check? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Spray it down with Brake Clean and watch for it reappear. You can take some talc and sprinkle it around where it looks like it could be coming from to make it easier to see sometimes.

Likely culprits are the lid gasket (they can "roll" and cause a problem) and the Water Drain (yellow lever device could need new O-Rings)...

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. Almost ready to order a fuel system for her. Looking at the one from Irate Diesel. And the one from Diesel Site. Pretty sure they both have bowl deletes but not sure what one to get. then the leak shouldnt matter huh?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
do a regulated return yourself, if you want to delete the bowl. I'd start with tightening the lid or installing a new oem fuel bowl filter.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The kit im buying comes with this..Complete with 5/8" pickup tube, -10 line from tank to pump,
-8 line from pump to motor, Irate Regulated Return,
-6 line back to tank, wiring harness and all necessary fittings.
Our systems utilize Fuelab 41401 pumps and Fuelab 51501 regultors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.