Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,409 Posts
"Under the Truck" is a pretty large area ;)

See if you can narrow it down, RF is usually the filter housing drain pipe (because the valve needs new O-rings), RR of the engine is sometimes a chafed steel fuel line, under a metal clip at the back of the head. On the Left side you have the lines & pump supplying the filter housing and the pressure regulator on it's side that might drip some.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
There is a chance its coming from the Fuel Pressure Regulator too. Its drivers side upper portion of the fuel bowl and does not look like a normal fuel line connection. Also another thing to check and maybe less common. There is a fuel line with a metal clip that runs under the turbo pedestal. The metal clip can rub the fuel line causing leaks too. Its more work to take the turbo off but what ya gonna do lol.

I second NoPalPh though. Good chance its the yellow lever behind the fuel bowl.

Couple years ago I re-sealed my entire fuel bowl, replaces parts in FPR, and the special round/square quad rings in the ends of fuel lines. I swore I had a small HPOP Line leak and it was fuel the whole time and didn't even smell like it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My husband said that it is wet and puddling behind fuel bowl and on the intake. Definitely running down the back side of the engine and running down the oil pan. We’re on a slight hill but very slight. This is my first truck and diesel ❤ My 99 super duty 7.3. Has 390,000 miles roughly and we just got back to GA from a trip to NJ and did well. I plan on reaching a million miles so I’m hoping for insight. Love this forum/group.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We purchased it then I got diagnosed with rectal cancer at the end of 2018. My husband isn’t as mechanically inclined I am, and had his hands full, so I have neglected some of the upkeep mentioned on this sight. In remission and just now trying to get back to addressing some issues. Thank you power stroke vets for all help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks so very much! I’ll give it a look. I love this group. So much knowledge 😎

Also, I guess I confused in my typing...I’m the sick one and he’s my fill time caregiver so God bless him. He has his hands full! Two disabled parents also. He deserves a trophy lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts