Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im a pround memeber of running BIO-DIESEL but when i went to visit some of my friends on the other side of michigan my lift pump quit on me. It was wierd i went to a sorte and it ran great, then after paying for my merch iI went out and the truck wouldnt start. I had to get towed home so it could go to the dealer my dad works at.

Well the Question i have is have any of you guys have problems with the thicker fuel (thicker then reg. diesel fuel) on our factory lift pumps. Do you think i should use a inline heater to bring the oil to a 70ish degree temp so help thin the oil before it gets to the lift pump?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Bio D shouldn't be to thick for your pump unless you live in the Yukon.
Where do you reside sir?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
AH! in that case, what blend of bio are you running?
Anything over probably B5 when its below about 30* is too thick and your pump will not like it!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blend is 20% kersone 5%unleaded gas to how ever much oil i have picked up and of course an anti gelling and ctane additive

It really thins the oil out i have had ran the truck for about 8k on it. The mix runs strong the mileage is alittle off but for 45 a fill up i dont care.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
if you haveto replace a pump every 8k though, that will kinda offset your profits.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you think that is what caused the pump to fail? the mix is way thinner that straight oil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts