Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have an 06 F350 superduty with the 6.0, and was wondering if anyone has an answer on how to keep these injectors from becomming a problem. Ford says it's a side loading problem, The engine has around 70,000 mi on it and has never had the injectors touched. It runs great, doesn't smoke or miss a beat. I guess what I'm asking is, when are they a problem, or if the oil is kept clean and using an additive, will they last a few hundred thousand miles. Appreciate any info, Thanks

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
DON"T use any oil additive. Fuel additives are OK, but probably won't extend the injector life nearly as much as clean oil since the problem is usually with the injector spool valve galling and/or sticking.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I think that regular oil change intervals, and a good quality oil filter (as in the motorcraft one) should keep things plenty clean, but hey the bypass filter can't hurt right?
However, i am not so sure it is very beneficial unless extending your change intervals.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Also make sure you have the latest flash on your computer. The main changes are for increasing injector life span.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts