Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford F350 Dually
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here but thought it is a good place to get good 7.3 advice. I have a 1995 with a 7.3 and 188000 miles. I was told I should have all the injectors and glow plugs replaced. Never been done. Is this the typical milage for replacing these componants? Also, I will replace the harness with the upgraded one ford has for these diesels. Only problems I'm having is it lops for about 30 seconds when first started up. I'd appriciate any advice. This is the first diesel I've owned and I've had it since last October.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Inj's can last for much longer than 180k..glow plugs usually not.

You need to scan and check for codes, glow plus test, contribution test and a buzz test first.

Location?

·
Registered
1995 Ford F350 Dually
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
injectors

I live in Phoenix. I've got no problems that I can mention. Starts right up only loobs and shakes a little bit at first in morning. No smoke issues and lots of power. I heard lots of things about the original harness on these trucks and was told Ford has a new upgraded harness and clips. Was thinking of replacing it first. I had diagnostic done to it three months ago and had no error codes but one. It was an old code and one nobody could find what it meant. Something about a butterfly valve under the turbo unit was explanation.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I got 100k out of my glow plugs. So I replaced them because I was having starting issues. Now it starts fine even when temps are down around 0

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts