Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '96 7.3L is running like a thrashing machine. I found a bad wiring harness under the valve cover, so I changed both of them. Then I found that the IBM (fuel injector module) was full of water. Do I have to buy a new one and where or are ther used ones available? This thing has been driving me nuts,
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much !

Thanks for the info. That price is considerably cheaper than the other prices I've been given. I hope that cures my problem. The truck, '96 F250 extended cab 4 x 4 has 300k on it so there are other things that can go wrong. But, I miss driving my truck ! George

·
Registered
67 Posts
After installing the new IDM, you should get it scanned for soft codes that don't set the check engine light. Hopefully, the bad harness didn't harm the injectors

I have never dealt with that vendor, let us know how it works out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the road again !!

Thanks for your help. 2 Valve cover gaskets and wiring harnesses, 1 temp. sensor, 1 IDM and a brake line and I'm good to go. Pensacola Diesel, Inc. worked out great. I highly reccommend them. I must have not noticed how bad the truck was running because now its running like a scalded ape !
Thanks again.
George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts