1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
#1 best product is biodiesel.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Nope. Why you ask. Have you ever used it? What do you recomend since you are questioning my thoughts? Just wondering, not being a smart a**...
In any other diesel seafoam maybe, but not in a 6.0. Automatic Transmission fluid no effin way in any diesel. I personally don't use injector cleaner I have tried it and haven't seen any benefits or gains from it so that's why I don't run it.

I have tried Hot Shot's Secret but with no benefits as my stiction is still there. Haven't tried Rev-X or Archoil yet and not sure that I will as I firmly believe that the only reason I had to replace everything in my HPO system is because the HSS cleaned all the gunk that was blocking the leaks in my HPO system and wouldn't allow it to start even at 6*f outside. Damn stuff caused me to rebuild all of my HPO system before I was ready lol.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Rev-X really works well but Archoil is cheaper and they have a broader range of products that could be beneficial for our trucks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have used all three will no harmful effects. I have 261k on my truck and it runs great. But it doesnt get very cold here and we never have to worry about fuel gelling up or anything like that, so not sure if that plays a role in different thoughts or not.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use power service diesel kleen every other fillup.

Ford Cetane booster and .5 qts of 2 cycle oil every fillup.

Just put Archoil in for the first time last week when I did an oil change, with T6 synthetic. I can def notice its slightly quieter, and idles smoother.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
#1 best product is biodiesel.
I have been wanting to run b20 in my deleted 6.4 but for some reason i am scared lol. I guess it cant hurt anything tho.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Sea foam works great to clean the fuel side of the injector.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
what % would you use ?
there is a place near me that sells bio in percentages ranging from 5% to 30%.
I have an 05 6.0, and don't want to break anything , but would like a good cleaning of the injection system.

Joe

I have run mine on B99 (99% biodiesel) and my 05 loved it. I wish I still had a local source. For cleaning and lubricity 2% handily bested every product on the market at the time it was tested. I would go at least B20 but with my experience with bio I would run as high a concentration as I could get. You won't believe how much quieter your injectors get immediately.

Some say to carry an extra fuel filter when you start because it will really clean your tank and lines out. Running B99 I never had an issue with filters except for waxing when it got too cold to run bio where I am.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have been wanting to run b20 in my deleted 6.4 but for some reason i am scared lol. I guess it cant hurt anything tho.
Nothing to be scared of. It is great stuff. The only thing you have to watch for is cold temps waxing depending where you live. I can't give you a hard temp to watch out for because it depends on the base stocks used to make the bio. If it has any animal fats in it will wax quicker at warmer temps. I have also seen guys run 100% home brewed from 100% canola oil at sub zero temps without any issues. The stuff that was available to me locally I stopped running at about 45*. I assumed it had a pretty high level of chicken fat in the base stock.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I've run stanadyne performance since day one of owning this truck. 30k miles and 3 filter changes(every 10k). First 2 sets of filters came out the same, bottom one fairly clean, top one dark with junk. The 3rd top filter I pulled was clean like it had only been in there 2-3k, it could have easily gone another 10k. Never switched up where I got my fuel, it's always been the local getgo because I know the tanks are the newest ones around.

Either I'm getting cleaner fuel somehow or the stanadyne has cleaned my fuel system.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Nothing to be scared of. It is great stuff. The only thing you have to watch for is cold temps waxing depending where you live. I can't give you a hard temp to watch out for because it depends on the base stocks used to make the bio. If it has any animal fats in it will wax quicker at warmer temps. I have also seen guys run 100% home brewed from 100% canola oil at sub zero temps without any issues. The stuff that was available to me locally I stopped running at about 45*. I assumed it had a pretty high level of chicken fat in the base stock.
Thanks bud! I might try a few tanks of B20

1 - 18 of 18 Posts