1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
How did you come to this conclusion?

·
Registered
582 Posts
What year truck? If you have fuel in the coolant, sounds like headgaskets.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
If I aint mistaken fuel in the radiator on a 7.3 is indicative of a cracked injector cup. Head gasket would put water in the oil and compression into the radiator.
As always more info is better, take time to fill out your signature so folks know what your truck is or type it in when you ask a question, that will help you get more and better responses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my truck is a 02 f250 i have a predator hand held tunner, other then that it is 100% stock.

lately i have had some stalling issues. if i let the truck warm up for less then 10 minutes it will run and stall within 5 minutes. it will always start right back up if i pump the crap out of the throttle while i am turning it over.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Do some research on it but injectors cups is what’s popping into my head.

I hope you got a set of gauges to go with that predator.
I have a predator and I really like it but she is a hot programmer and gauges are very necessary with it. Also I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I still had a stock intake on it. $40 DIY vs. possible $10,000 engine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i dont have any guages:doh: although i only run it on the first 2 stages. oh man i am scared now

it doesnt show a check engine light

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
First two stages are still dangerous without gauges, ANY at all tuning needs gauges. Knowing what I know now I wouldn’t drive mine stock without gauges. Gauges cost around $300 for a full set, that’s cheap insurance when you start figuring what “could” happen.

The check engine light only comes on when the computer knows something is wrong. It will not come on for things the computer does not know about, like bad injector cup or dusted engine or fried tranny or melted turbo or melted piston, etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from the searches i have done it seems that i will need new valve cover gaskets and o-rings for the injectors. anything else?

·
Registered
235 Posts
case of beer, and one good compadre to help ya wrench and drink beer.
the cup is where id be headn
ive heard them cups can be a booger. isnt there a tool to get em out?

·
Registered
559 Posts
from the searches i have done it seems that i will need new valve cover gaskets and o-rings for the injectors. anything else?
Valve cover gaskets are totally re-useable by design.....price a set, they are not just gaskets....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Note that replacing those cups is several thousand dollars if you have it done at the dealer.

Oh yeah, that's several thousand PER HEAD! At some point these types of things are worth changing the whole engine for.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
At some point these types of things are worth changing the whole engine for.
Yep, the dealer wants over $12,000 to do that!
Cost me $4,000 to do it myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im almost ready to tackle this injector cup job!

the dealer doesnt know what the injector cups are???????????

does anyone know a part number for the cups?

also, how are they installed? hammer?:rofl:

·
Registered
716 Posts
ANY at all tuning needs gauges. Knowing what I know now I wouldn’t drive mine stock without gauges. Gauges cost around $300 for a full set, that’s cheap insurance when you start figuring what “could” happen.

First off I am not saying there is no need for gauges. I think they are a smart thing to buy and sometimes a neccessity,,but.. I have TW tunes and ran it for awhile before I got gauges only to find out it wasn't doing anything to worrry about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts