Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says i got fuel in my antifreeze. I talked to a buddy he said its the injector cups that are leaking. he also said its known to happen but he said its odd that it happened to my truck because it only has 191xxx miles which is "low milaged". So as of now i know that i need to buy the special tools to pull and replace the cups and while i have it apart i think im going to go with rosewood stage 1 injectors. My buddy said i can use his shop as long as i need it as long as he gets to keep the tools which i think is a fair deal. does anyone have any other recomendations or suggestions before i jump into this project? thanks!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Did you check the oil and make sure theres no coolant in the oil? It COULD be hg, but prolly not. Injector cups sounds more appropriate.

Also check the oil cooler...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil cooler went bad in January so that got fixed, i figured it was just left over that never got flushed outta the coolant. But I dip my finger in and smelt it and you can smell the fuel mixed in

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
yep thats def your injector cups if get you on rosewood's site he has a pretty good deal on the cups and tools to do the job. He is not the only one that sells the tell but when I was looking for one I think he had the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I was looking at the rosewood ones i think I'm going to order the kit Monday

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So as stated before my injector cups where bad so I finally replaced them, wasn't to bad of a job just a long one, in the process of doing this though i found out that two other cups have been replaced previously and my injectors are remans, the truck has 192xxx on it, I'm pretty sure the truck use to pull a gooseneck or a 5th wheel so idk if that's from just heavy hauling or is there anything i should keep my eyes out for?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Improper coolant or SCA's being out of whack will contribute to injector cup failure.
Switching to an ELC type coolant in the 94-E99 trucks can kill the injector cups. Older models use bronze injector cups, while late model Superduty's use stainless steel. There's some debate whether the ELC reacts unfavorably with the cup itself, or the sealant used, but in either case ELC has been linked to cup failures in our trucks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks! So ill just stay away from ELC then

·
Registered
889 Posts
Unless you haven't replaced the cups yet....then you could do all 8 with S.D. cups and run ELC.
I've gotta admit i'm envious of the guys running a 300-500k coolant.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I replaced them already I did all 8 with bronze cups

1 - 11 of 11 Posts