Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7.3 seems to be getting diesel in my oil I believe it to be the seals on my injectors but it’s the first diesel I’ve owned and I want to get some opinions on what it might be before I take on that indever any feed back is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If the injector o-rings go bad, it's usually the other way around (oil in the fuel since the HP oil pressure is much higher than the fuel pressure). Are you getting and white smoke when running which might indicate a stuck open injector? Cheers!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the injector o-rings go bad, it's usually the other way around (oil in the fuel since the HP oil pressure is much higher than the fuel pressure). Are you getting and white smoke when running which might indicate a stuck open injector? Cheers!
No it runs fine and starts right up it I had white smoke and trouble starting one time when I first bought the truck but that has been quite a while

·
Premium Member
8,403 Posts
Seals on the front of the pump shaft can leak --- how do you know there is diesel in the oil?

EDIT: nevermind, is this a 97?
You sure the lift pump isn't letting fuel down by the actuator?

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.