Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my fuel gauge is stuck on full i dropped the tank thinking float was stuck but it wasnt i turned the key on moving the float up and down and the gauge still read full anyone have any info to help me before i buy another unit?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Other than ohming out the wiring harness going to the guage, and then ohming out the connector on the float assembly, and looking for a change when you move the float up and down, then id say the sending unit is bad. I don't know what the float is supposed to ohm out at, but you should be seeing a big change in reading

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mine always stuck on empty ha. Sounds like float is stuck mine does it every once in a wile

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid the unit was bad lol got a salvage yard near by guess ill see if they have one i can try hopefully it fixes it

·
Registered
726 Posts
Make sure u have ground on the sending unit

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump found the yellow/white wire split in 2 put it back together but still stuck on full....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well messing with it again today i got the gauge to work when moving the float around but as soon as its put back in the tank it goes back to reading full again...

also i just unplugged the terminals to see if maybe it will reset itself

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Sounds like a connection problem, or a problem with the sender.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sounds like a nice problem to have haha but really have you checked the stepper motor behind the gauge?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts