Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name Brand or Not..I have a 2003 f250 with a 6.0 and its getting time to replace the Fuel Filters. Do you need to replace the fuel filters with a name brand ($50.00) or can you get by with the no name filter( $28.00).:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Personally I'm a fan of the motorcraft oil and fuel filters. Especially the fuel filters. Some of the aftermarket ones don't have the thin water separator lining outside the pleated filter media. Also make sure you change them out every 15k miles.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
just delete them like i did and you wont have to worry about changing them :hehe:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Motorcraft oil but Didn't know they were a difference in the fuel filters. This is how you find out..Ask the guys that know..Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
just delete them like i did and you wont have to worry about changing them :hehe:
Yeah, but you've got the better part of a grand in 2 new pumps...:hehe:

and you still have to change one filter... But it's an easy one.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Motorcraft OEM fuel filters are made by RACOR. Check ebay, there's a ton of them for sale for $25-35. Part number is FP 4604 I believe.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
no sir, the bowl is totally gone as well :rofl:
I knew that. Don't you have an airdog along with your raptor pump? I was referring to the filter on the airdog (thought you had one).

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Motorcraft OEM fuel filters are made by RACOR. Check ebay, there's a ton of them for sale for $25-35. Part number is FP 4604 I believe.
You can also get the fuel filters from an International Truck Dealer if you have one in your area. Just make sure you ask for filters for a VT275 NOT a VT365 or you'll get the wrong ones. IH part # 1847170C93. Also, check the IH website for parts specials and you can get the filters really cheap sometimes.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I knew that. Don't you have an airdog along with your raptor pump? I was referring to the filter on the airdog (thought you had one).
ahhh gotcha, yes i got 2 filters on the airdog, but i just replaced them thinking they were bad. Toby at pure flow told me they are good for like 30k miles

i now have the airdog feeding the raptor straight up to a y block feeding each front head, no return line at all back to the tank

i was in the middle of doing a cross over line but opted against it at the last minute

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Ya I also use Motercraft!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts