Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been addressed on many occasions but when I have searched for updated details I only can find old posts.

I am getting ready to change both fuel filters on my truck. I do fully understand that Motorcraft is OEM, but everything I have read states don't use any other filter as basically the filter housing was built to the Motorcraft filter itself and that all other filters have some type of either design or fitment flaw. Trust me I am not looking to skimp on a $12,000 engine to save $3.00. I just want the very best for my investment and wonder if there is actually a better filter to install then the Motorcraft that is actually designed for the 6.4.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
you can use racor brand since they manufacture filters for mc. racor is a few bucks cheaper. i wouldnt use any other brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response I guess the biggest question is racor better then motorcraft like I said not worrying about cheaper actually looking to see if there is anything better. if not then I am going to stay with motorcraft.

·
Administrator
32,722 Posts
Racor makes the filters for Motorcraft same exact thing and there is no better AM filtration available so stick to the OEM IMHO

look at diesel filteronline.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts