Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later today I was going to change my fuel filter in my 2000 psd. In the past I have always drained the fuel bowl when changing my filter. Here's my question, why do you have to drain the fuel bowl? It maybe a dumb question, but i'm tired of getting fuel all over the driveway.

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
Because water and sometimes crud, are at the bottom of the bowl. BUT, you don't have to drain it on your driveway....

Over the top of the pass tire, against the motor, you'll see a 3/8 steel tube end there. That's where it drains. Just put a short piece of tubing and collect what comes out in a jar or can (I like to Know what came out!) :D

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Because water and sometimes crud, are at the bottom of the bowl. BUT, you don't have to drain it on your driveway....

Over the top of the pass tire, against the motor, you'll see a 3/8 steel tube end there. That's where it drains. Just put a short piece of tubing and collect what comes out in a jar or can (I like to Know what came out!) :D
What he said, just go get a foot or so of 3/8" hose slide it over the end of the drain tube so when you drain the bowl it doesn't drain all over the frame and ground. I drain the bowl every 5,000 miles and change the filter every 10,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts