Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I did my fuel filter today - I threw in a DriveWorks aftermarket one that should replicate the MotorCraft filter but with the cap already on. Ford wanted $53 for the filter cap alone - so that was out of the questions. Here are my concerns:

1.) I feel like I lost a lot of diesel in the process. I'm measuring out the next 100 miles to make sure I'm not leaking - but there's no leaks on my driveway or behind me when I drive. And it doesn't smell like unspent diesel anywhere. (Yellow lever is closed)
2.) The filter cap didn't tighten all the way... I thought it did. Needless to say I lost more diesel. And it sprayed all over the top of my motor. But I had just turned the motor after waiting for it to refill. So I had to let it run. What's the worst that can happen with some of that spilt diesel up there?
3.) What is the brand and model number that everyone here is using? I really don't like the drive on top of the DriveWorks filter, it started stripping. I had to bust out the old screwdriver and hammer to finish tightening.

Anything I missed or you think I may have made as a common mistake. Anyway I can be a 100% certain I've done my work here correctly. It's not rocket science, but now I'm second guessing myself.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
If the filter has a beveled gasket, the bevel goes upward. I use these filters that use the factory cap:

Fuel Filter
(Donaldson) P550966
(Baldwin) PF7678
(Motorcraft) FD4595
(Racor) IN F4595

You can also see if you can get the cap from International:

Fuel Filter Housing Lid
(International) 1825190C91

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts