Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone
I own a 97 F350 diesel and i have broken the plastic tube that is placed in the mittle of the fuel filter bowl, can anyone tell me where i can get an other? I live in Denmark (Europe) so it's not a thing i can just get here.

Thanks Kenneth

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are you speaking of the pick up tube located just inside the fuel filter element itself ?
If you are ,it's left hand threaded and many have broken it trying to remove it to install fuel heater element .I know it's a serviceable part ,unfortunately I don't know any parts #s .There are some Ford vendors here ,lot of the guys like Tousley Ford online or Ebay .:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly the one i'm talking about. I just bought the truck in Germany and when i wanted to change the fuel filter that piece of plastic was already broken and now i know why.

But thanks a lot. I am already searching ebay.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Your quite welcomed .I believe it's called a stand pipe if that helps .

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just the thing i'm looking for.
so thanks again every one.

It's not funny having a rare (in Denmark at least) truck
like this and not beeing able to drive it due to the lack
of spare parts and people that knows about these trucks.

Kenneth

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
If it is a 97 (Old Body Style) truck withthe mechanical fuel pump in the valley (behind the filter bowl), the Part number for the fuel filter standpipe is:

Fuel Filter Stand Pipe (94-97)
(Ford) F5TZ-9236-A

Tousley Ford Parts Depot has it for about $39. The part number referenced above is for the later model trucks. Cheers!

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Heltmen, Feeley is probably correct. His knowledge of ford part numbers and model years is incredible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts