Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open for suggestions. I ran Synthetic Amsoil motoroil in my Duramax. Oil that is, rear fluids were all stock actually. Synthetic tranny fluid. Should I and is it suggested to stick to amsoil? I get a good connection on price so its not bad for me or should I just say thats enough of it and run a synthetic oil I can get at any store. I liked the longer intervals I ran with the Amsoil, and probably could have gone longer but didn't. So let me know whats eveyrone run Oil wise and I will be runnin synthetic. Truck has just under 40K miles. Also do you recommend changing rear fluids now since Im gettin her used so all my records are up to date.

Fuel filters: Whats the best brand and do vendors sell them here for a nice price. I like to do those often also I dont even know how to do it on the 6.4 so is there a write up I can't find? Thanks for the newbie help!

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it was my truck i would stick with the AMSOIL and i'm not just saying that because im a dealer but AMSOIL has been around a long time and has a good track record. I'm not nocking anyone elses oil, thats just bad business but AMSOIL has been around since 1972 and there oil contains no wax where most do. You can run the oil longer as long as you do an oil analysis on the oil. If you can get it at a good deal i would continue with AMSOIL. I run AMSOIL in everything i have and will continue to run it. Thats just my 2 cents. Have a great day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts