Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I run into the problem were the diesel nozzle wont fit into my truck. It can be a real pain when I have a trailer and pull up to the truck side of the diesel and it wont fit so I have to get turned around and start over. If it wasn't for the ring of the nozzle it would fit in. Has anyone out there modified there fill to make the hole bigger. Or do you just deal with it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if your talking about the "big rig side" of the fuel stops then it should fit, or should i say it fits in mine fine.

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
It fits in my 05

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
I run an aux tank so it fits for me

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
you may be able to get a dremel in there and make it larger

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Sounds like your bed, or at least your filler, may have been swapped with a gasser at some point? They make them smaller I know. Just a thought.

They all fit in mine.

·
Smoke Eater
1,305 Posts
yeah def your filler has been swapped out.. ive never seen a "small hole" no pun intended for our diesels... always the "bigger hole" once again no pun intended, for our trucks.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I always use the Big Rig nozzle and it fits I use them cause they put some new kind of nozzle on the regular ones so it's harder to top off. It's like all or nothin.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine is huge, you probably somehow got the hole off a gasser

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
The 99 trucks got a smaller Diesel filler tube for "Auto Diesel" rather than than "Over-the-road-truck diesel".

I had one like that.

Take the filler neck off the tank, and unscrew the cap flange from inside the fuel door. Then take a dremel to it. blow it out, and reinstall it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes I also heard that A few years got a smaller fill
hole.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some big rig fuel stations have a pump handle that has a huge flange on it. I can only fit the tip in mine. They are set up for high pressure and put out about a gallon every couple of seconds.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The 99 trucks got a smaller Diesel filler tube for "Auto Diesel" rather than than "Over-the-road-truck diesel".

I had one like that.

Take the filler neck off the tank, and unscrew the cap flange from inside the fuel door. Then take a dremel to it. blow it out, and reinstall it.
:agree: did that to mine, or like stated ealier go to junk yard and find 1 from a newer truck.

·
Registered
500 Posts

I had one like that.

I have this too. Any chance of pics of how to take the filler neck off and unscrew the cap, etc... I am tired of having only one pump work for me due to the smaller hole.
Thanks.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Our trucks have the smaller filler I need to replace mine but I have the same issue.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i had an 01 that had the smaller hole, i never done anything with it, but, you can unbolt the flange from the bed and loosen the hose clamp from the fill hose, then use the tool of your choice to open up the opening, or replace the flange with a newer larger one, either way it wouldn't be a big job.

i never done it to mine because i have fuel here at home, but on the road towing a trailer it always a pain

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had the smaller hole on my 99. It had a plastic restrictor on it. I used a hack saw blade and a shop vac and cut it out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts