10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any chips that will help mpgs that you can put in the 08
powerstroke? Am thinking of trading this hog but wondered if anything
outhere would help first..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I've read on here about KEM and spartan tunes that are pretty damn good on the 08's. Do a search for it, you'll find all you need to know. Gets awesome power, and mileage increases to almost 18-20 on the highway. It involved a dpf delete pipe, and turns off regen. Voids the warranty though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Are there any chips that will help mpgs that you can put in the 08
powerstroke? Am thinking of trading this hog but wondered if anything
outhere would help first..
Read some of the post about DPF delete set-ups. I'm getting 20+ mpg in my truck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i got 18mpg actual on a 60 mile hwy trip this weekend when the dash said 20.0
7" lift, 4.30 gear, 37" tires. with sct dpf delete tune.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My new 2008 F250 now has 1700 miles on it, 3.55 with 18" wheels Crew Cab.

After initially getting 15 to 17 mpg on my first few tanks, on the last 2 tanks, I have sunk to a miserable average of 12.5 mpg without my driving mix or habits changing.

Without question, Ford has a SERIOUS issue with the fuel programming on the 6.4l. My build date is early March 2008 job 3.

I NEVER got below 16 mpg on my 2005 6.0 and sometimes even up to 21 on highway driving.

I have found the 2008 dash meter to be in close agreement to hand calcs which was not the case on the 2005.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Keep driving. 1700 miles is not close to being broken in. But after 5000 miles and some new oil I would say do some aggressive driving to make sure it knows you mean business.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I have just over 6k miles on mine and I was at about 12-13mpg city and some highway here and there, but now I get around 14.5mpg with dpf delete and extreme tune loaded. But then again I'm also driving like an a$$ at least for now because I'm having so much fun with the added power. I'm sure it will pass, but for now :burnout :woot:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Majority of the time I am running the performance tune, but the extreme tune seems to provide the best mileage. I got a 700 trip today, so there's plenty of time to see what mpgs I get on extreme.

·
Registered
387 Posts
360 miles trip north, lots of hills, 65 mph, extreme tune---18.9 mpg
360 miles back south, same road, 20 mph headwind, 39' gooseneck deckover, tow/haul tune---14.4 mpg

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That's some good towing mpg.

I hope I can get close to that when I haul my camper from Dodge City to Falfurrias.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts