Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, lately I have had to have my truck towed 3 times because the engine has died.....I recently installed a greasecar (veggie oil) conversion kit, and it was running fine for two months, ran into some problems so returned fuel system to the stock set up, of having the pump under the truck on the frame rail, running up through the fuel filter and down to the engine.....But now I have been having another problem.... After driving the truck for about 15 or 20 minutes I returned home....The idle sounded a little bit rough to me so i let it idle for a bit longer to see. Sure enough the idle was just over 500 rpm, where it usually closer to 700. When i tapped the gas pedal down and quickly took my foot off of it, the tach needle drops down to a little below 500, and the engine just about stalls. The truck starts shaking, and sometimes it does just die.....Whats wrong?

BTW, it has a new fuel filter, and even with the filter taken out of the system it does this. I recently dropped the tank and cleaned the screen on the fuel pickup line. The pump works fine, and I have taken it out of the truck hooked it up to 12 volts and pumped over 50 gallons with no issues.

Thanks So much!

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?........

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
it would first replace the cps and if that doesnt do it i installed the itp prepump filter mod and i ruined my fuel pump so i had to replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts