Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2009 F250 6.4 Powerstroke new in January 2010. It is 4X4, four doors with short bed and automatic transmission. It has roughly 23,000 miles on it now. The truck has never, ever seen 16 miles to the gallon. I have had it at the dealer two separate times. They make "adjustments" on the ECU but my MPG never improves.

Am I alone or are there more of us out there? What is it going to take to get me more MPG?

·
Registered
68 Posts
29K on mine now. Bone stock, 3.55's on stock 20" wheels. I average 14~14.5mpg around town, empty and hand-calculated. I'm lucky to get 18mpg on straight shot freeway going 65mph.

what are your driving habits like? I drive like gramps to keep my mpgs reasonable. No boosted launches and such... well, around where I live, you can't go very fast for very far anyways... no point launching from a stop and racing to the next stoplight, assuming traffic isn't jammed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jeffe,
If you're running 3.73 gears and 32in tires your MPG sounds about right. It sucks I know, that's why so many of us delete. I average 18 city and 22 highway now, but thats taking it easy, (my best was 25.6!) if I were to speed around town it would quickly go down to 15's. For longevity and economy you really need to delete, Spartan is safest way to go IMO, but maxx products are great too.
Good luck,
Dom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Altitude dramatically affects MPG

I recently moved from NM to MO, an altitude drop of about 4000 feet, and my mileage increased 2-3 mpg for city driving. I don't know your altitude, but if chip can be programmed for different altitudes to improve mileage, or other changes made, but it may be worth checking on it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I on the avg get 16.5 mpg and that's 20% city and 80% hwy....cruise set to 69mph on the hwy... I have yet to get any better mpg. I bought my truck new on 3/2010 and now it has 16k miles on it. My mods: AFE CAI, 4" DPF Delete and Spartan w/275 tune. I drive like a regular person....faintly roll into the throttle and basically never do stupid ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts