Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if there is info on this already. but couldn't find it on the site.

going to be pulling the fuel bowl today off of my 95 f350, and was just wanting to know if they is any special tools i need for that? also will i need to bleed/prime the fuel system when i put everything back together?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i was just reading that if the fuel filter is not installed in the bowl that the engine will not run, due to the shut-off valve in the standpipe.

now is it possable to that shut-off valve to be stuck some how? say from over torque or anythin like that

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just pulled mine off last weekend, I didnt need any special tools just make sure that you have all of the hoses loose so that you can work it off. I didnt have any problems with mine starting back up but it did idle rough for a minute or two until the fuel bowl was full. I replaced all of my hoses as well because they were all cracked.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I prime mine with MMO. If drain is open, will gush fuel while running.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't pulled the fuel bowl off yet. i wanted to see if fuel was getting it to it before i did. turns out no fuel was getting in. i also wanted to see if i put fuel in it, if it would empty which it didn't. so i'm thinking a lift pump? is they a difference between the lift pump and fuel pump? and i'm guessing fuel not leaving the fuel bowl would be in need of a good cleaning.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
i haven't pulled the fuel bowl off yet. i wanted to see if fuel was getting it to it before i did. turns out no fuel was getting in. i also wanted to see if i put fuel in it, if it would empty which it didn't. so i'm thinking a lift pump? is they a difference between the lift pump and fuel pump? and i'm guessing fuel not leaving the fuel bowl would be in need of a good cleaning.

Fuel pump/lift pump......IIRC, their the same. Just pulled my bowl and pump out.....easy with the pump, I don't doubt that you break the bottom of it off in the hole. I did, and just grabbed it with a pair of needle nose pliers....dont let it fall into the engine.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
No the turbo does not have to come off but be careful when putting the new lift pump back on because there are two little thin washers on each side of the fuel line besure to put them back on, if not you will have a major fuel leak!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts