Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tossed my fuel bowl into the trash, along with the pump and all related lines and hoses.

I have an electric fuel pump and a regulated return now. All done in classic DIY fashion.

What am I supposed to do with the electrical harness for the deleted fuel bowl?

My truck isn't starting, and I have 60 psi at my regulator.

Any one got some thoughts?
I did an injector buzz test and the are all firing.....

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:doh: I found it.

On the HPOP what is that the ICP or IPR? it was unplugged.

I'm up and running and it sounds nice. :woot:

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
I want to do this real bad how much did it end up costing you?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Yes, the IPR connector is on that harness. I snipped off the fuel bowl connectors and taped things up, rather than having a nest of wires in there.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to do this real bad how much did it end up costing you?
Don't do like me.:tard:
(but I had reasons for what I did)

700+ for the FASS HD

600+ for the AD2 and light kit

300+ in -6AN fittings and fuel hose

150 for regulator

And time time time.......
I'm scared to add up the real numbers:eek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the IPR connector is on that harness. I snipped off the fuel bowl connectors and taped things up, rather than having a nest of wires in there.
Were you left with any dash indicator lights coming on?

Whats the pressure switch on the fuel bowl for? I hooked it back up and left it wired in. What light does it shine?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Were you left with any dash indicator lights coming on?

Whats the pressure switch on the fuel bowl for? I hooked it back up and left it wired in. What light does it shine?
Nope, no lights coming on, just my WTS light works now. The pressure switch is actually a vacuum switch that would set off the "fuel filter" light when the filter becomes restricted. As long as the old bowl heater wire is insulated from ground, fuse 22 will be happy, and keeping the WIF probe wire taped off keeps the "water in fuel" light off.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, all those wires will be chopped tomorrow. And the gauge port with the filter light will be used for a fuel pressure gauge in the cab.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
I removed all the extra harnesses I could. My WTS light is the only one still working.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chuck. :thumb:

the harness was the only thing I wasn't sure what to do with, till tonight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't do like me.:tard:
(but I had reasons for what I did)

700+ for the FASS HD

600+ for the AD2 and light kit

300+ in -6AN fittings and fuel hose

150 for regulator

And time time time.......
I'm scared to add up the real numbers:eek:
Which regulator did you go with? Im doing this project right now based on the driven prefabed kit...but hoping to save a lot of cash in the long run! The only two parts Im not sure what to get is the fuel pressure regulator and their gay little fuel bowl delete box...:confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I used a Aeromotive 13109..... about $140.00 almost anywhere.... and you do not need a "Fuel Bowl Delete" box....just tape up the three wires that go to the old fuel bowl, and plug in the IPR, like the previous poster figgered out, and your golden....

·
Registered
205 Posts
i did mine a few weeks ago and i think i ended up with about $300 in the total conversion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts