Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what fuel additive is the best, I'm currently trying out diesel kleen. Is this something you use every time you fill up or only every now and then ? I'm just looking to improve quality and make sure my motor gets treated right. Don't need any anti-jelling as I live in Miami, just the best detergent and lubrication.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
:ditto:
A lot of guys will tell you not to use it, but i've had good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
I dont think you should use it in the newer trucks. I know the 12v C-ummins guys use it with no problems, but the new injectors I believe its bad in the long run.

We sell many brands of additives, but will only run FT-10.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
I dont know why, but the 12v kummins guys have been doing it for years. I know the 24v and CR guys wont do it. They tell me it causes problems down the road. I'm just passing on what has been told to me by many others. You will read it time and time again on the cummins forum.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I dont think you should use it in the newer trucks. I know the 12v C-ummins guys use it with no problems, but the new injectors I believe its bad in the long run.

We sell many brands of additives, but will only run FT-10.
I've been running it for awhile now in my 05......Before I started, I only heard good things....I hope your wrong.....lol

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
One that does not have the anti-jell is the Stanadyne Performance Formula Jr. (red label) We don't stock that one, we only stock the blue label regular perf. formula that has the anti-jell additive. A 16 oz bottle (treats 60gal) should cost about 3.25.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts