Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I would like to get some thoughts on what ya'll are using for your additive, I have been running Diesel Kleen forever, Pretty happy with it, But I had a custmer the other day and we got to talking about fuel ecomony and EGR replacement anyway LONG STORY SHORT he said SEA FOAM works wonders. What do ya'll use and do you think it improves your MPG's or is it just a cleaner in your eye's
Thanks for looking at this, By the way I live in San Antonio,TX so is usually warm here.

Bryan :icon_ford:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have been using the ford stuff supposedly its rebottled standyne, Gained a 1 MPG and some throttle response.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
I have been using diesel kleen because its easy to find and Im happy with it. I use sea foam in all my gas toys and am extremely happy with it. I have used the sea foam treatment on my last fuel filter change and filled the fuel bowl up with sea foam and it helped with my starting times. I guess they have a diesel treatment now and I wouldn't hesitate to use it:thumb:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ive used Howes, Stanadyne Performance, Opti Lube XPD, and now 2 stroke. Out of all of these I feel the 2 stroke has been the best by far, as far as a quieter, smoother running engine goes. As far as MPG's go none of them have done anything for me. I now have some Schaeffer Soy sheild and some Schaeffer diesel treat that im gonna try next. Im always wasting money on these darn additives, Im hoping they are doing something internally that is beneficial.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
whats the ratio when using the 2stroke oil? like one bottle per fillup or what im thinkin it would be a good idea

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
hmm, gotta try some of that today, what brand do you use

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Its the stuff from walmart that most are running, Ennertech I believe, its made by pennzoil. Make sure its the ASHLESS MARINE GRADE. Its in a big blue jug

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
no problem bud, im gonna run a few more tanks of it and then try my shaeffers stuff out. Then I will have tried about everything out there! lol

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well man I am a Boat dealer, I have every name brand TCWIII there is. Do you think the TS oil addition is cleaning your system?

Bryan

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i have no idea if its cleaning anything?? Is it supposed to clean the system?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts