Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I hate to bring up something that seems to have been beaten over and over, but I still have questions. I currently dont run a fuel additive, and am beginning to realize I am probably making a mistake by not using it. My question though is what to run. Every time I search this, there is a new brand and new questions. I have looked into the Motorcraft PM-22-A, Howes Meaner Power Kleener, Stanadyne. I am hoping there is a one stop for cetane booster and lubricity adder. My wife drives the truck much more than I do, so 9 times out of 10 she is pumping the fuel. I would prefer it if she only had to add one thing instead of mixing. Any definitive conclusions would be appreciated. Any thoughts on the treatments I added? I see them come up the most in my searches. Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i run ashless 2 stroke oil in my fuel and the truck seams too like it. i dont get any better mpg's but i will tell you that it seams to start much better and run smoother when cold compaired to the diesel kleen that i was running previously.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use a quart of 2cycle at every fiil up. It seems to me, that since all we can buy is low-sulfer diesel now, that the 2cycle oil adds lubrication back to the fuel. my truck seems to run quieter, and start easier. I still occasionally use the power service additive too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I know what I am going to do. One other note, has anyone ever heard of Flashlube? It comes out of Australia. I dont plan to use it, but just wondering if anyone else has. I stopped at a performance shop today and they offered Flashlube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts