Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought these 2.5" Pivot Drop brackets from TopGunCustomz about a week ago. I bought them along with 2" springs, but I decided not to use them, and instead payed more for an alignment.

We re-used the grade 8 bolts in the stock brackets when we took them off, so the only thing you'll need is about 8 bolts and washers, unless you'd rather use your stock bolts. They do come with the camber adjustment bolts.

I'm asking $95 shipped. Or trade for a 6in. mitre cut stack.

Next up, is a set of F-350 blocks, with the longer U-bolts necessary for installation.

Because of the weight, I'll say $50 shipped. Thats what I paid for them, I'm just wanting out from under them.

I'll consider any trade, but I'd really like a 6in. stack.

Thanks!
-Taylor
[email protected]

·
Registered
552 Posts
are the ones at the top for the front end?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just noticed you have a 250....are they to lift the front of a TTB? I've never done one so I dont know

·
Registered
552 Posts
Gotch....thanx.....here's a good luck on the sale bump

·
Registered
333 Posts
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:bump: for a good buyer/seller/trader:thumb:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I'd take both of them off your hands Taylor, but I realized that my 97 takes a different drop-down bracket. '97s came with 5 bolts vs. 4 bolts for 80-96 f-250s:doh:
But I think I want those F-350 blocks and U bolts.:nod:
How much higher are the F-350 blocks?
But I'm not sure on how soon I can get a lift for the front though, I'm not sure about the $$$ of a lift.
But then again, I really want to do a 2.5" lift for the front and then put a 350 block in the back versus an add-a-leaf.

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd take both of them off your hands Taylor, but I realized that my 97 takes a different drop-down bracket. '97s came with 5 bolts vs. 4 bolts for 80-96 f-250s:doh:
But I think I want those F-350 blocks and U bolts.:nod:
How much higher are the F-350 blocks?
But I'm not sure on how soon I can get a lift for the front though, I'm not sure about the $$$ of a lift.
But then again, I really want to do a 2.5" lift for the front and then put a 350 block in the back versus an add-a-leaf.
You're right there. I'm not sure if they'll still fit or not though.

Compared to stock, the truck sat up in the back about 2.5" to 3" higher.

From what I've experienced myself, if your only wanting it leveled, just get the springs.

With the pivot points dropped down 2.5 inches, with only a 2" spring, it squats

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
So the blocks are actually 2.5" taller. I thought there were only about an inch higher than my stock f-250 block.
I actually want to go for an all around lift like MattP did.
I did a 3-leaf spring a while back, (when I first got it, and I didnt know about the TTB) and it gave me 2" of lift in the front and sat a little higher in the front.
Don't you think that with 2.5" springs and a block in the back I should be close to level.:dunno:

·
Registered
333 Posts
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the blocks are actually 2.5" taller. I thought there were only about an inch higher than my stock f-250 block.
I actually want to go for an all around lift like MattP did.
I did a 3-leaf spring a while back, (when I first got it, and I didnt know about the TTB) and it gave me 2" of lift in the front and sat a little higher in the front.
Don't you think that with 2.5" springs and a block in the back I should be close to level.:dunno:
I'd say so :nod:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Taylor will the rear blocks fit a superduty?

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Taylor will the rear blocks fit a superduty?
I would imagine so, seeing as a set of blocks arent THAT complex, lol. But then again, that would be too simple

I'd double check :thumb:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts