Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I'm cussing at the front axle snap ring on my 2007 F250. Been about 10 days on it. I own a nice pair of Craftsman snap ring pliers. But they didn't work. Bought 4 more pair from Sears of which none worked. Bought a nice set from OTC tools. They were too big for the job. Bought a pair from Gearwrench which too didn't work. Tried drilling and chiseling through the snap ring and no luck. I guess I'll hunt down the Snap-On truck and see if he has a pair of SRP3B pliers and shell out another $55. This really sucks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have you tried these from Gearwrench?

GearWrench 82032 Double X Internal Snap Ring Pliers

Nice and long, should do the job. There was another discussion on snap-ring pliers here:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/215924-snap-ring-pliers.html#post14211802

I did just get a pair of Gearwrench external long pliers in the mail today from Amazon. I thought for sure they would work but didn't. They wouldn't open the ring wide enough and they kept slipping off. I just ordered a pair from Snap-on. This front axle is really starting to wear on me. Thanks for your reply!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.