Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't go to the strip much, but I have had some horrendous wheel hop for the longest time and it is getting pitiful and embarrassing.

I have them on the back and it made a world of difference, I am guessing the front would do the same, but would the dd traits change any?

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
the front axle should not wrap with radius arms...

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
That's what I was thinking. You have an 07 which has radius arms which already prevents axle wrap (this is the purpose of traction bars in the first place for leaf springs). To my knowledge, the only thing you can really do is to strap the front end to compress the front springs (preloading the springs to increase pressure to the front wheels and reduce wheel hop) for when you go to the track.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they should prevent it, they do a terrible job. When I take off, the front end hops very badly. Not violent or uncontrolable, but way more than what it should. I'll check around and see if rcd or someone makes a stock height 4 link. Thanks guys.

Never thought about straping it down, I figured that was more for pulling. That's the only place I have seen it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
get a 3 link setup from trevor (PMF) way better than the stock radius arm setup. Cant go wrong with RCD's 4 link either, but I like the 3 link better. I cant wait to get the 3 link in my truck, it rides so much better than factory, throw in new oem ford shocks and it rides like a dream, especially with 5.4 springs.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I'm confused here. Can you guys please explain how a 4 or 3 link does any better at preventing axle wrap in comparison to the stock radius arms?? I just don't really get it. I checked out RCD's 4 link kit but it doesn't come with any stiffer springs so I don't understand how it will help with wheel hop. Sorry for the confusion. Would like to hear more about this. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts