Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 F250 Powerstroke. Put custom XD wheels and added Dick Cepaks. Only 15k (approx 2k towing) miles on them. 36k total miles on truck.
Front wheels only.. outside tread is wearing uneven. It raises above middle tread. Hard to explain. Ford says could be shocks. With only 36K??? I'm not buying that. I don't go off roading. Going to approach place I bought wheels and tires from and need a little advice. Females tend to get shafted on these deals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
358 Posts
To me this sounds like the alignment is a bit out of spec or you've got some worn parts. If the outside tread is feathering then it would be a "toe" alignment issue caused by improper alignment or worn out tie rods. If the outside tread is "cupping" then it's potentially worn out shocks. And if it's an even wear of the outside tread but at an accelerated rate when compared to the rest of the tire then the camber it out.

Could also be ball-joints but I'd start easy and go with an alignment first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank thank you Soledad. I'll start with Ford dealer and have them take a look at the alignment. Don't imagine at 36k miles that the shocks or tie rods are worn. Most upsetting is the fact that I have a large amount of money in tires that may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
No need to take it to ford for an alignment. Find a reputable alignment shop and have it done there. Most of the time it's cheaper and if you have bad parts they will let you know before you get the alignment done and won't charge you anything.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you rotated the tires since you put them on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update... I went to 4 wheel parts. Alignment and tracking bar needed replaced. Decided to put on new pro comp shocks and a leveling kit so I can increase tire size if I want. Got the "funny waring" tires on the rear. Hope this solves the issue. Thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts