Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was wondering about those too. just a bolt on deal only?

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
I have them and they will not give you as much as he says. Maybe an inch to inch and a half. They are a pain to install because the bolt holes do not line up across from each other. You also have to remove everything from the axle and spring in order to put them in. You are better off going with a mini leaf pack or hanger. I am switching to hangers soon

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
i put some on my truck, without a problem. All i did was unbolt the existing shackle and replace with the new one. I didn't take anything apart. I got about 2in of lift out of them

I agree with Raul that a hanger kit would be better, but with diesel prices so high i didnt have that much money to spare, so i went with the $30 ebay specials

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Junk, get a hanger lift you need to raise both ends equally or you mess up the castor. You will also need a adj track bar to recenter the axel after the lift. Any lift will offset the axel to the passanger side. To get it perfect you need a new adj trackbar.

Cary

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so i orderd them oh well, the trucks at the tranny shop right now, so when i get her back, if i have the shackles ill install them, ill post some pics!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got my shackles today in the mail, im going to put them in tomorow. i just jack up under the frame on one side, and pop out one side right? then continue to the other side

·
Registered
659 Posts
i bought that exact same pair took me and my brother about an hour to put in.all you have to do is lift the front of the truck and drop the old shackle and put the new ones in.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Do some before and after measurement and let me know. Measure from the floor to the top of the wheel well stock and after you add the shackles. I want to see how much you get cause mine still sits 4 inches lower in the front than the rear

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for the guys who did this how did you get the bolt through the original shackle, with the down pipe in the way i have a 4 inch DP

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
:worthless[1]:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
never got the time to install these lol im starting training for motocross racing now, so it may be a while , hmm wel' see

·
Registered
716 Posts
BDS comes with a front hanger and new rear shackle. I never though of the angle thing Raul. Good point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed these exact shackles on my truck. Real easy install. Put a bottle jack between the frame and spring to relieve pressure and then just swapped out the shackles. Have 4" DP also, and bolt came out fine. My problem is like what said earlier in posts...The shackles give you a bad angle on the differential. I actually just snapped the front yoke off the front differential 4 wheelin. I think it's because of the bad angle. I plan on removing the shackles and going back with my factory shackles. I have 6" lift springs already, but I wanted the extra couple of inches for clearance on my 37's. If I decide to go back to 8 or 10" lift, I will spend the extra on the hangers instead.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I installed these exact shackles on my truck. Real easy install. Put a bottle jack between the frame and spring to relieve pressure and then just swapped out the shackles. Have 4" DP also, and bolt came out fine. My problem is like what said earlier in posts...The shackles give you a bad angle on the differential. I actually just snapped the front yoke off the front differential 4 wheelin. I think it's because of the bad angle. I plan on removing the shackles and going back with my factory shackles. I have 6" lift springs already, but I wanted the extra couple of inches for clearance on my 37's. If I decide to go back to 8 or 10" lift, I will spend the extra on the hangers instead.
top gun customz sells 2" shackles...

my truck will never go offroading, all on road driving and im pretty easy on her...

i only use 4x4 going from0-10mph...

will i have problems?

i heard 1.5 shackles wont give you any problems... how about the 2"?

·
Registered
18 Posts
top gun customz sells 2" shackles...

my truck will never go offroading, all on road driving and im pretty easy on her...

i only use 4x4 going from0-10mph...

will i have problems?

i heard 1.5 shackles wont give you any problems... how about the 2"?
I was barely moving at all. I was in a tight bind around a curve, gave a little throttle to get over a hump and the yoke just snapped. I didn't have any problems going straight while in 4 wheel drive, it was just that sharp angle I got into. But I think that the pinion angle is just too much for any serious off roading.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts